Joining #CwExperts is simple, the steps you are required to follow are below. Before you attempt to join, please make sure you meet the requirements listed below, and take the time to read the rules on our rules page here: https://cwexperts.org/rules/. Alternatively, you may watch the Getting Started video for #CwExperts below, or on our YouTube here: http://bit.ly/CWE-YOUTUBE.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to leave #CwExperts at any time, whether it’s because you finished your goals or you plan to take a lengthy break, please notify us by posting in the #retirement Discord channel. If you leave our Discord server without prior notice you will be penalized if you ever wish to rejoin. You can find more information on parting ways with #CwExperts and changing your roles on our Discord server on our retirement page here: https://cwexperts.org/retirement/.
There are two main requirements you must meet before joining #CwExperts. These are required not only for when you join, but for the duration of your time spent with #CwExperts.
1. Alternative account with level 90+ combat
You must have an alternative account with at least level 90 combat, preferably 100-110. This account will always be on the losing team, so don’t expect to gain tickets on it as well. You may instead have someone else use an alternative account for you, however they also must join #CwExperts, and the deal must be worked out privately.
This combat level is fairly simple to achieve if you’re starting from scratch, as you only have to reach level 72 constitution, level 80 defence, and level 80 in one other core combat skill. Some of the most efficient training methods include Burthorpe trolls at early levels, ghouls or greater demons at mid levels, and the abyss or shattered worlds at higher levels. If you have any questions about leveling up your alternative account feel free to ask other members for help.
2. Saved Castle Wars preset
You must have a preset saved with gear from one of the recommended setups shown below. If you are not able to match any of the setups, or are a lower combat level, ask a staff member if an exception can be made for you. (images not yet available)
In order to join #CwExperts you must follow the instructions below, or the ones provided to you on SwiftIRC.
Firstly, you must connect to the #CwExperts SwiftIRC channel. If you do not already have IRC, the recommended clients are listed below. You can find more information about how to set up these clients on our how to IRC page here: https://cwexperts.org/how-to-irc/.
- for Windows: mIRC, HexChat, SwiftKit
- for Mac: Colloquy
- web client: qwebirc (client below) – CURRENTLY OFFLINE; DOWNLOAD A CLIENT LISTED ABOVE
Once you have an IRC client and you are connected to the SwiftIRC server, enter the steps below into SwiftIRC to register your account.
- Join the #CwExperts lobby channel
- Display the steps to register a nickname on SwiftIRC – if you do this step you may skip all other steps on how to join and instead follow the instructions provided to you on SwiftIRC
- Change your nickname to your main RSN or something similar
- Register your current nickname; choose a secure password and use an email with 2-step authentication
/ns register PASSWORD PASSWORD EMAIL EMAIL
- You will receive an email with a confirmation code; enter this code
/ns confirm CODE
- You must now identify yourself whenever you connect to SwiftIRC; use the same password you used to register
/ns id PASSWORD
- Now that you’re registered and identified, ask for an add to #CwExperts
- Once you’re added you will have access to the games channel
CwExperts Friends Chat
Once you are registered, identified, and added to the #CwExperts SwiftIRC access list, you must then add your accounts to the database.
- Link your main RSN with the RSN of your level 90+ combat alt, and then you will be added to the CwExperts Friends Chat
#CwExperts Discord server
Finally, you must add your Discord ID to the database, and then join the #CwExperts Discord server.
- Link your main RSN with your Discord ID – You should ensure that you can receive direct messages if you wish to be sent an invite to the Discord server
!addDiscordID EXAMPLE_NAME # 0 0 0 0
- Join the Discord server – You must set your Discord nickname to your main RSN, and then ask for an add in the #cwexperts_lobby channel
Click "Connect" on the Discord widget below, or use this link: http://bit.ly/CWE-DISCORD/
Once you are given both the “#CwExperts” and “Active Members” roles, you will be able to view all other channels, including #cwexperts_games1 and #cwexperts_games2.